Sara Commers is a Jewelers of America Certified Bench Jeweler and an Award Winning Jewelry Designer.
Commers Custom Jewelers specializes in creating original and unique designs for their clients in precious metals of platinum, palladium and karat gold, with ethically sourced diamonds and colored gemstones and pearls. Our custom designed jewelry is created by combining modern technology with old world techniques utilizing CAD/CAM design, laser welding, induction lost-wax casting with hand-set gemstones while every piece of jewelry made is hand-polished.
All of this comes together in our Minneapolis studio, all work is performed on-site so you can be assured that every piece is taken care of while in our shop. We have a retail showroom to showcase the work of our talented goldsmiths.
Designing and creating jewelry professionally since 1999, Sara’s interest in jewelry design began at Minnetonka Center for the Arts. The pursuit to learn more lead her to Stewart’s International School for Jewelers, the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and Revere Academy of Jewelry Arts.
- 2012 MN/ND Jewelers Association 2nd Place Award Winner for Design
- 2010 MN/ND Jewelers Association 1st Place Award Winner for Design -Tie “Majestic Spessartite” Ring published in April 2010 in “500 Gemstone Jewels” by Lark Books
- 2009 MN/ND Jewelers Association 2nd Place Award Winner for Design
- 2008 MN/ND Jewelers Association 1st Place Award Winner for Design
- 2008 Women’s Jewelry Association Shining Star Award Recipient, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
- 2008 JA Affiliate Design Contest Participate, New York, NY
- 2007 Edina Art Fair Award of Excellence, Edina, MN
- 2007 MN/ND Jewelers Association 3rd Place Award Winner for Design
- 2006 MN/ND Jewelers Association 1st Place Award Winner for Design & Best in Show
- 2005 MN/ND Jewelers Association 2nd Place Award Winner for Design
- 2004 MN/ND Jewelers Association 3rd Place Award Winner for Design
Certifications and Membership
- Women’s Jewelry Association, Central Regional Director, 2017-2018
- Women’s Jewelry Association Twin Cities Chapter President, 2013-2014
- Jewelers of America, Certified Bench Jeweler
- Jewelers Board of Appraisal Review (JBAR) Certified JBAR Appraiser
- Cultured Pearl Association of America, Certified Pearl Specialist
- Midwest Jewelers Association
- American Gem Trade Association (AGTA)
- Manufacturing, Jewelers and Suppliers of America (MJSA)
- Jewelers Vigilance Committee